Demi Lovato Says Goodbye To "Sonny With A Chance"

Demi Lovato has revealed that she's saying goodbye to her hit series "Sonny With A Chance."

The 18-year-old explains her departure in this week's issue of People, telling, "It made sense for me to go ahead and leave the show to focus on my music. It's kind of sad for me that a chapter of my life has ended but there couldn't be a better time for me to move on."

Demi continued her reasoning by saying, "I don't think going back to Sonny would be healthy for my recovery. Being in front of a camera would make me nervous."

The talented teen has earned the support of her Disney family, as they have released a statement saying, "We respect Demi's decision to focus fulltime on her music and not immediately return to her acting career. She is a talented young woman and our hearts are with her as she continues to take action to improve her health and bounce back from adversity."